About Me

My photo
My pastime....finding, refurbishing and re-selling goods for the home & garden. If you have an item that you need help with, please send me an email and I can certainly give you my opinion. I am also a vendor at 2 amazing local flea markets as well: fleaology.blogspot.com and comefleawithus.blogspot.com I also do custom re-painting for folks that already have their own furniture but want to give it a new look. If this is something you need, let me know. I would be glad to give you a quote. Thanks for stopping by. Make it a great day!

Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Trial and Error...

Over the years as I have experimented with different techniques and finishes for the furniture I re-furbish in an attempt to mix things up a bit, there have been a few accidental successes but also failed attempts when I deviate from what works. During the creative process, I may get frustrated when something isn't coming together the way it should be. Then it begins. The same thought replaying over and over in my head, "stick with what you know. stick with what you know. STICK with what you KNOW"

It is quite irritating. Sometimes I have even tried to shake it off, chalking it up to paint fume overload -- the result of being forced to transform items in a tightly sealed garage due to the wrath of bad weather Mother Nature inflicts (as she has done this week). However, when I heed the warning and stick to what I know, what I find is that at the end of the day the finished product is exactly the way it was meant to be. It's all good.

Below are a few more items that have been in the works in preparation for the upcoming Flea Markets...







Make it a Great Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment